Monday, January 07, 2008

Work, work, work

I never really gave a shit for any celebrations. Not new year, not chinese new year, not hari raya, not christmas, not deepavali, none of that shit interests me. I never really understood the meaning of all these celebrations, never had any religious inclinations nor am I really rooted to my, umm, roots to care enough about these stupid motherfucking celebrations.

Celebrations of joy, celebrations of life, fuck, all those are bullshit.

I never believed in any of those, and I guess I never ever will. I just cannot get it past my mind, just cannot wrap it around my head: what's the big fucking fuss about all these mindless, meaningless celebrations?

You celebrate for awhile, then it's back to the good old grind that we call "life". Shit huh? Celebrations are just excuses for one to say "fuck all this" and get rested so that s/he can go on struggling in life.

I guess the rich have it good, huh?

They get to party every day, thus treating every day as a celebration, with tonnes of money left to spend. What an unfair world, but the world has always been unfair.

Division of wealth? No such thing. Short of robbing banks, a less-than-the-average-social-class person will never ever get rich. I don't give a fuck how hardworking he is, or how many jobs he moonlights, he will never in this life get rich. Unless, of course, he experiences some fluke such as striking the lottery or robbing banks.

Such is the state of humanity today. Life fucking sucks, and the world keeps turning.

So why the celebration?

No comments: